Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ode

Day 12
Poem to Someone You Love

Soccor balls, drum sets, porpoise laughs,
Tigers, and trains that are green,
Photos and cameras, susaphones and two Marines

Band camp, girl's camp, high adventure too
back to school and Mom I need new shoes

Papers and books, where is my pen
Pants, shirts, socks laundry never ends
Milk, butter, eggs and bread
Your eating again, I thought we already fed

Do your chores, clean your room
And please make your bed
Feed the dog, feed the cat
No, you can't do that

Get up early in the morning
Hit the floor running
First one up
Last one down
Do it again and again
One eternal round

I love you bigger than a mouse
I love bigger than a van
I love you bigger than a house
I love you to the moon and back

I love you longer than eternity
I would do it over again
Because I got to be your mom.






Indeed.

No comments: