Saturday, February 25, 2012

Retirement Quest

Retirement Quest
Make Better Decisions
John Hauserman, CPF

From the back cover:
Make better decisions...
*Get the unbiased advice you need
*Avoid costly mistakes

Where are you getting your financial advice? How do you know your interests are being safeguarded? How do you know that your advisors are competent? How can you know they're putting our interests first?
John Hauserman has spent years building a better way for you to pursue your investment goals. RetirementQuest: Make Better Decisions shows you how to get unbiased advice and avoid costly financial mistakes.
If you want to build a secure financial future, this is the book that will help show you how.

Ok, my take on the book. I do have to tell you that when you start talking about numbers, and money, and investing or anything else that might have some form of math attached to it my brain freezes and turns to fuzz and I have some form of an anxiety attack.  So I was really excited when I was asked to review this book hoping for a book that made it all easily understandable to me.  I also need to tell you that because of my recent hospital stay, I haven't finished the book.

Now, having said that I will get on with it.

This book has math. Story problems. My biggest fuzz creator.  I read some of it out loud to Jacob.  He said, "How can you not understand that, Mom? I understand it completely." So a junior in high school can understand the message in this book. This is not an in depth, hard to read book.

One thing I really like about this book is that it defines terms used in investing.  There is a chapter that discusses Cash, Bonds, and Stocks.  Who knew that when you are investing cash is not the stuff you put in your wallet and your kids take out for school lunch.  Nope. When investing cash means bank certificates of deposit and other things  like that that are used to save. Who knew?

I also really like that the author repeatedly tells the reader to seek professional advice for help in making decisions so that the reader can make the best decision possible for their life. This is not a one size fits all, but a guide to help make better decisions about your life and your money and your retirement.

Oh, and did I mention that there is an interactive website to help you understand, or figure out things? I didn't?  Well there is.  Go here to check it out.

Now  I am off to finish the book, realize that I have work to do and make some better informed decisions about my future.

John Hauserman, CFP, is the chief executive officer of Retirement Journey, LLC. He overses the details of the RetirementQuest planning experience. Baltimore Magazine named John a five-star wealth manager, based on nine criteria, including customer service, intergrity, knowledge and expertise, communication, value for fee charged, and overall satisfaction.
In 2011 John was named the Baltimore area regional ambassador serving on behalf of the  Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards.


Author's website

Purchase book here




Indeed

No comments: