Friday, July 6, 2012

Jerseys, shirts, skirts and shoes


Brandi had a birthday this week.  She, of course, wanted a cake that had to do with soccer.  Sunday afternoon she went into the kitchen and baked her cake.  I thought we were going to decorate it when I got home from work on Monday, but she had other ideas and did it herself.
She wanted the jersey to be red like her game jersey, but she said we ran out of red coloring.
Later when she was putting the stuff away she found the other bottle of red food coloring.
Right where it was supposed to be.
But the cake turned out cute anyway.


I can't believe my baby is 13.
No children under teen age.
Scary to think that they are all growing so fast
I really don't want that to happen.





 I got this cute maxi from Target.
I have always loved the maxi but now
that it is a trend it is so much easier to find
cute, inexpensive, comfortable ones
I got the top at Wal-Mart.
It is from the Belle Bird line
I love that line



I got these shoes at Target last summer
I love them
They are cute, comfortable, easy to wear
I wore them the other day when I went to the dentist
I was wearing a pair of black capris, a white button up blouse and these shoes.
I thought I looked ok
There was another patient waiting.  An older woman.
She looked me up and down a couple of times
Then she said
"Those are some interesting, um, shoes"
I just looked at her and said
"And they are so comfortable, they are may favorite summer shoes"
She just sniffed and turned head muttering about it.
I just laughed, but why do people think they have to constantly judge others?

Now I am off to my last band tour planning parent meeting.






Indeed

No comments: